Please join the Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources (CCCOER) for a free, open webinar on emerging guidelines for the design and development of open courses to enhance teaching and learning. Open courses are designed and developed collaboratively by faculty and instructional specialists (designers, librarians, technologists) using open educational resources rather than traditional publisher materials to lower costs and improve outcomes for students. Speakers will share the process of designing open courses using competency-based methodology, adaptive learning, and other strategies.
Date: Wed, October 8
Time: 10 am PST, 1:00 pm EST
- Karen Vignare, Associate Provost, University of Maryland University College (UMUC), Maryland
- sharing the lessons learned as UMUC has converted 50 percent of undergraduate courses to free and open electronic resources at no cost to the students by Fall 2014.
- Kim Thanos, CEO and Co-Founder, Lumen Learning
- sharing the process that Lumen Learning uses to develop Supported Open Courses, which compare with traditional publisher etexts, and Open Mastery Courses, which take advantage of adaptive delivery and competency-based course design.
- Wm. Preston Davis, Director, Extended Learning Institute, Northern Virginia Community College
- sharing the process that his unit used to design, develop and implement a successful OER program at NOVA. He will also share how the OER program is impacting NOVA, and influencing other community colleges in Virginia.
Participant Login Information:
No pre-registration is necessary. Please use the link below on the day of the webinar to login and listen.
FOR ASSISTANCE: CCC Confer Client Services – Monday – Friday between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm Telephone: 760-744-1150 ext 1537, 1554 or 1542 Email: email@example.com
If you need dial-in access, you may use the following number: 1-888-886-3951 (passcode: 130333)