Sept 11: Reduce Costs and Improve Outcomes with Open Textbooks Featuring: OpenStax College, Open Learning Initiative, and BookboonAugust 28, 2012
Please join us September 11, 1:00 pm Eastern for a webinar on how to reduce the cost of education for students while improving learning outcomes through the use of open textbooks and open educational resources. This webinar features three leaders who are actively engaged in different strategies to promote open access learning materials to improve student outcomes:
• David Harris, Editor-in-chief OpenStax College at Connexions. OpenStax College is a nonprofit organization committed to improving student access to quality learning materials. Their free textbooks are developed and peer-reviewed by educators to ensure they are readable, accurate, and meet the scope and sequence requirements of your course. The first three books are Introduction to Sociology, Physics, and Anatomy & Physiology.
• Norman Bier, Associate Director, Community College Open Learning Initiative (CC-OLI) Project at Carnegie Mellon University. CC-OLI is establishing a consortium of community colleges to enact a large scale, systems-change process that increases efficiency in the way instruction is developed, delivered, evaluated, and continuously improved. Focus is on gatekeeper courses critical to graduation success: Introduction to Psychology, Biology, Anatomy & Physiology, and Statistic
• Thomas Madsen, CEO Bookboon. Bookboon.com publishes free and openly available eBooks for students and business professionals. The Books can be downloaded in PDF without registration. Their mission is that students should not have to pay for any textbooks to attend college. Textbooks from a wide range of subject areas are available with primary concentration in STEM, Business, and Economics and feature a limited amount of advertising.
Go here to login to webinar and click Connect.
You may use a headset or dial-in to speak live:
Enter your passcode: 313951
PARTICIPANT CONFERENCE FEATURE
- *0 – Contact the operator for audio assistance
- *6 – Mute/unmute your individual line
PRIOR TO YOUR FIRST CCC CONFER MEETING, IT IS RECOMMENDED:
- CCC Confer Client Services – Monday – Friday between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm