WikiEducator and Connexions CollaborationNovember 17, 2009
Wayne Mackintosh, Director, International Centre for Open Education, Otago Polytechnic, New Zealand announces that the OER Foundation is “able to take OER interoperability and remix potential to new levels. Collaborating with OER projects which subscribe to licenses which meet the requirements of the free cultural works definition, WikiEducator (WE) aims to provide educators with greater freedom of choice to mix and match the best of two OER worlds, namely “producer-consumer” models with more traditional work flow approaches and commons-based peer production. This is an exciting project to build import export capability between the Connexions and WikiEducator/Mediawiki platforms. WE need your help in building better OER futures.”
He suggests the following ways for educators to get involved:
1. Please visit the project planning node to find out more about the project: http://wikieducator.org/CNX-WE
2. All Connexions authors, WikiEducator authors, editors of the Wikimedia Foundation Projects are invited to help us achieve success with this project.
3. WE will use the Connexions mailing list on Google Groups for our discussions — Join the list if you’re interested (http://groups.google.co.nz/group/connexions-community)
4. Visit the mini SWOT analysis page on WikiEducator and help us understand the context and remix needs of educators and OER authors (http://tinyurl.com/yakk4vm)
5. Consider joining the WE open planning team or list of active contributors (http://tinyurl.com/yed7erx)